Friday, February 27, 2015

2015 Showcase Follow Up

From what I am hearing the showcase was very successful for a lot of participants.  We set records with regards to colleges, participants, and participating high schools.

Right now if you participated you should have your FAFSA filled out and have been accepted to at least 5 colleges.  You should also be receiving a lot of cost of attendance estimates from the schools.  You may even be planning out your spring break to visit some of the schools that have been contacting you.

If you have not been receiving any offers I suggest that you start applying to some of the participating schools or go and check your email inbox.  Every year I put my email address in as one of the participants along with my contact information.  I have received 8 emails to apply to a school and go play football for them.  THIS WAS JUST FROM BEING IN THE BOOK, I NEVER PARTICIPATED.

The fact of the matter is that if you have a desire to play you need to take a bit of ownership and start applying to the colleges.  I dont know what else to tell you.  When we survey the coaches every year their top 2 responses on why kids do not end up playing football in college is that they did not apply and they did not fill out their FAFSA.  Take control of your future, put on your big boy pants, and take care of your paperwork.


When you decide on a school please fill out our survey
www.tinyurl.com/fbshowcasesuccess

If you are a parent please fill out our parent survey
www.tinyurl.com/fbshowcaseparent

If you have any questions please leave a comment or email me.


Thanks


Coby Rhoden
@srfbshowcase

No comments:

Post a Comment